If you operate an LLC or corporation in Oklahoma, you need to designate a registered agent to accept document deliveries from the state. You have a few options regarding who should provide this vital service, our favorite of which is hiring a registered agent service.
These companies will serve as your registered agent in exchange for an annual fee, keeping your business in compliance with state law by receiving documents like service of process, tax documents, reminders when your Annual Certificate is coming due, and more.
In Oklahoma, there are quite a few reputable companies offering registered agent service, which can make it difficult to determine which company is your best choice. That’s why we took a deep dive into all of your options to create this list of the best Oklahoma registered agent services. Which one should you use?
At ZenBusiness, we pride ourselves on providing convenient, easy-to-leverage business services that leave you more time to actually run your business. When it comes to ongoing registered agent service, ZenBusiness has a great $99 rate for the first year and a competitive $199 rate for subsequent years.
If you haven’t yet formed your LLC or corporation, we offer an outstanding bargain. We will form your new business for free — all you have to do is cover the required state filing fee.
Let’s take a look at some of our advantages and disadvantages compared to our top competitors.
- Low $99 price point for the first year
- Great customer feedback
- Strong customer service
- Gives back to socially disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- Not the absolute cheapest option available
There are more than 10,000 reviews of ZenBusiness online, and nearly all of them are positive, giving us one of the best customer satisfaction reputations in the industry. We also have a helpful and knowledgeable customer support department that can answer your tough questions.
Next up is Northwest Registered Agent, a company that offers personalized customer support. Northwest no longer provides free mail forwarding service with its registered agent offering, which used to be a cornerstone of its service. However, it still has plenty of advantages.
How does Northwest Registered Agent stack up to the competition?
- Personalized customer support
- Volume discounts available
- Free registered agent service with business formation
- Expensive business formation service
- Not many other services offered
Northwest Registered Agent’s calling card is its personalized customer support. Instead of outsourcing its support network to a generic call center with questionably trained representatives, Northwest keeps its support team in-house. Everyone who answers the phone for Northwest is a professional who knows their stuff.
Northwest offers a year of registered agent service in Oklahoma with any business formation service purchase. However, at $225, the price point for this package is higher than most competitors.
We appreciate Northwest’s volume discounts for registered agent service, as they’ll slash your rate from $125 to $100 annually if you require service in at least five states. In addition, they receive strong customer reviews and offer free ongoing compliance reminders.
Overall, if you prioritize personalized customer support, Northwest’s advantages likely outweigh its disadvantages.
Like ZenBusiness, Incfile offers a free business formation service. With Incfile, this includes a year of registered agent service as well. As a standalone service, Incfile provides registered agent service at an annual rate of $119, which is a solidly competitive price point.
- Free business formation service with registered agent service
- Good customer feedback
- Lots of upsells
With more than 30,000 reviews available online, Incfile maintains high average rating scores, making them an impressive pick for registered agent service in Oklahoma.
However, one drawback of using Incfile is how they can be rather relentless with upsell attempts. Incfile has plenty of add-on features available, and it will certainly remind you of that fact several times as you work your way through their order form.
Overall, Incfile is a rock-solid option for registered agent service, albeit without some of the bells and whistles you’ll find with some competitors.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the industry’s biggest names, with millions of customers served and a robust advertising budget that gets its name out. Rocket Lawyer’s pricing is a bit high, but if you’re looking for an experienced option, look no further.
- Tons of experience
- Solid customer satisfaction reputation
- Strong customer support
- Somewhat high price points
- Very few features
Rocket Lawyer has a few thousand reviews available, with mostly positive scores. While its registered agent pricing doesn’t jump off the page, subscribers to Rocket Lawyer’s $39.99/month legal services program receive 25% off registered agent service, free business formation service for new members, and more.
We are always impressed with Rocket Lawyer’s support network, as its representatives are responsive and helpful. Rocket Lawyer offers extended support availability from 9 am to 9 pm every weekday. If you’re willing to spend a bit more in exchange for a company with tons of experience, or if you’re interested in Rocket Lawyer’s legal services subscription, give them a look.
LegalZoom is similar to Rocket Lawyer in that it’s a company with millions of customers served and offers advanced legal services. However, LegalZoom has an unfortunately high price point for Oklahoma registered agent service. You can get your first year for $249 if you add it to a business formation package, but even that isn’t a great deal.
- Millions of customers served
- Industry’s longest support hours
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- High prices
- Few features in formation packages
We are impressed by LegalZoom’s 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is nearly identical to the ZenBusiness refund policy. Also, they have the longest customer support hours in this industry, with 14 hours per day of weekday availability and nine hours on weekends too.
That said, LegalZoom’s high price tag for registered agent service is a problem. Seeing as this company also excludes valuable features from its business formation packages, the other options in this guide all have better value propositions than LegalZoom.
An Overview of Oklahoma Registered Agent Services
Before we dig too deeply into any of these companies, we will also share a quick overview of the best options. After all, we know how busy you are, and you might just want to identify the best company and move on.
At ZenBusiness, we have a highly affordable offer that appeals to a wide variety of entrepreneurs. For just $99 for the first year ($199 after that), ZenBusiness will serve as your registered agent in Oklahoma, providing reliable service at a fair price. ZenBusiness has thousands of positive reviews, we’re a socially conscious company, and we offer solid customer support. What’s not to like?
However, it’s not all about ZenBusiness. Some of our competitors also have intriguing offers for Oklahoma registered agent service, including Northwest Registered Agent and Incfile. Is one of them a better fit for your business? Or is hiring ZenBusiness the right call? Read on to find out!
What Does Oklahoma Law Say About Registered Agents?
Each state has its own rules and regulations surrounding registered agents. For the most part, these laws are fairly similar, but it’s always worth taking a look to see what Oklahoma requires.
In Oklahoma, we’ll need to take a look at The Corporations Chapter of the Oklahoma Statutes, which says:
- Every entity that files with the Secretary of State (both domestic and foreign) must appoint a registered agent
- The agent must be an individual resident of Oklahoma OR a business entity with the authority to operate in the state
- An agent must be continuously maintained
All of the companies we’re about to discuss meet these regulations and are great options for Oklahoma registered agent service. When you’ve made your choice, you can indicate your registered agent’s name and address on your Articles of Organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can serve as a registered agent in Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, there aren’t many complicated requirements for registered agent eligibility. Any individual or business entity located within the state can serve as your company’s registered agent. The only requirements are that they have a permanent address in Oklahoma and that your company itself can not serve as its own registered agent (although you or one of your co-owners may assume this role individually).
Like most states, Oklahoma does not have an explicit age requirement (a few states require the appointed agent to be at least 18 years of age). That said, we recommend that you pick a responsible individual that you trust or one of the services listed above. If the registered agent does not fulfill their duties completely and accurately, it can cause unnecessary hassle for a business. Most responsible adults can fill this role easily, but we do recommend careful consideration while you make this appointment.
Must my registered agent be located in Oklahoma?
Yes. If your registered agent is an individual, that person must live in Oklahoma. If your agent is a business entity, that company must either be a domestic Oklahoma business or one with the authority to conduct business in the state.
How can I change my registered agent in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma keeps the process of changing your registered agent pretty simple. All you have to do is download the Change of Designation of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office form, fill it out, and submit it to the Secretary of State. You’ll have to include $25 for the filing fee. For more information on how to change your registered agent in Oklahoma, look here.
How does the Oklahoma registered agent resignation process work?
If your registered agent chooses to resign and no longer serves as your agent, they will notify you in writing that they intend to resign. Then, at least 30 days after sending you that written notice, they will submit the Resignation of Registered Agent form to the Secretary of State along with a $25 fee. As soon as your agent notifies you that they’re resigning, you should find a replacement.
How much does it cost to change my Oklahoma registered agent?
As long as you file your forms in a timely manner (ensuring that you don’t have a lapse in your registered agent coverage), you shouldn’t incur any additional penalties or fees. That means you shouldn’t pay more than $25 to replace your agent.
What are my options if I don’t want to hire an Oklahoma registered agent service?
One common option is to serve as your company’s own registered agent or enlist the assistance of a trusted friend or family member. The other route is to hire an attorney or accountant to handle this role. Maybe you prefer the added professionalism these people can provide, maybe you have an existing relationship with an attorney or accountant you trust, etc.
If you’re interested in hiring an attorney but don’t know where to start, we recommend taking a look on Avvo. We also dug through the top-rated lawyers on Avvo to create our own list of the top four business attorneys you could contact regarding registered agent service:
Best Registered Agent Services Reviewed in all States
We break down the best registered agent services in every state. View all of our guides below.
- Best Alabama Registered Agent Services
- Best Alaska Registered Agent Services
- Best Arizona Statutory Agent Services
- Best Arkansas Registered Agent Services
- Best California Registered Agent Services
- Best Colorado Registered Agent Services
- Best Connecticut Registered Agent Services
- Best Delaware Registered Agent Services
- Best Florida Registered Agent Services
- Best Georgia Registered Agent Services
- Best Hawaii Registered Agent Services
- Best Idaho Registered Agent Services
- Best Illinois Registered Agent Services
- Best Indiana Registered Agent Services
- Best Iowa Registered Agent Services
- Best Kansas Resident Agent Services
- Best Kentucky Registered Agent Services
- Best Louisiana Registered Agent Services
- Best Maine Registered Agent Services
- Best Maryland Resident Agent Services
- Best Massachusetts Registered Agent Services
- Best Michigan Resident Agent Services
- Best Minnesota Registered Agent Services
- Best Mississippi Registered Agent Services
- Best Missouri Registered Agent Services
- Best Montana Registered Agent Services
- Best Nebraska Registered Agent Services
- Best Nevada Registered Agent Services
- Best New Hampshire Registered Agent Services
- Best New Jersey Registered Agent Services
- Best New Mexico Registered Agent Services
- Best New York Registered Agent Services
- Best North Carolina Registered Agent Services
- Best North Dakota Registered Agent Services
- Best Ohio Statutory Agent Services
- Best Oregon Registered Agent Services
- Best Pennsylvania Registered Agent Services
- Best Rhode Island Registered Agent Services
- Best South Carolina Registered Agent Services
- Best South Dakota Registered Agent Services
- Best Tennessee Registered Agent Services
- Best Texas Registered Agent Services
- Best Utah Registered Agent Services
- Best Vermont Registered Agent Services
- Best Virginia Registered Agent Services
- Best Washington D.C. Registered Agent Services
- Best Washington Registered Agent Services
- Best West Virginia Registered Agent Services
- Best Wisconsin Registered Agent Services
- Best Wyoming Registered Agent Services